I decided to start this blog to record my progress on various resolutions for the coming year (2011), and one in particular - losing weight. Hence the title. I have been overweight and out of shape for a LONG time, with various bouts and trying to remedy the problem. I am now at my heaviest - approximately 256 pounds. I will be 33 on my next birthday. Double 33 and you get 66. Subtract 66 from 256 and you get 190 - an IDEAL weight. I'm pretty sure I weighed 200 or more throughout most of high school.
So, that's my principal goal for next year - lose 66+ pounds by my 33rd birthday (Dec. 16). I would also like to get back into a size 34 pants. Most of all I want to be healthy and like myself. I want to live for my family. And I really want to set a good example for my kid(s).
I have other goals for the year. For example, I want to get better and taking care of my house (and get a new house). I want to watch less TV and read more books. I want to blog more. Most importantly, I want to improve my "spirituality" and my relationship with God.
So, to this blog. I decided to write one to keep track of progress and increase accountability. I will post at least weekly and keep track of where I am - what I did, how much I've lost, etc. I have made this a private blog and may not let anyone else read it. I may let those close to me keep track, my wife, for example. Part of me wants to keep this little experience a secret until I have something to report.
So, here we go. Wish me luck...you amorphous, non-existent you.
So, that's my principal goal for next year - lose 66+ pounds by my 33rd birthday (Dec. 16). I would also like to get back into a size 34 pants. Most of all I want to be healthy and like myself. I want to live for my family. And I really want to set a good example for my kid(s).
I have other goals for the year. For example, I want to get better and taking care of my house (and get a new house). I want to watch less TV and read more books. I want to blog more. Most importantly, I want to improve my "spirituality" and my relationship with God.
So, to this blog. I decided to write one to keep track of progress and increase accountability. I will post at least weekly and keep track of where I am - what I did, how much I've lost, etc. I have made this a private blog and may not let anyone else read it. I may let those close to me keep track, my wife, for example. Part of me wants to keep this little experience a secret until I have something to report.
So, here we go. Wish me luck...you amorphous, non-existent you.
You can do it! I have faith in you. xoxo
ReplyDelete